When you think of basketball, often you don’t think of business. But in reality the business side of basketball is what makes the game happen.
In this episode, Keith Beggs speaks with NBA player Anthony Tolliver, who most recently played for the Philadelphia 76ers, about the business side of the NBA, including contract negotiations and the different legal and business roles that take part in making games run. Anthony also shares his own experiences becoming an entrepreneur as he approaches the end of his career as a player.
Keith and Anthony discuss:
- Anthony’s experience in the NBA and how he became involved in the business aspect
- Anthony’s experience as vice president on the NBA’s executive board
- A look into how the collective bargaining agreement works for players in the NBA
- Anthony’s investment process as an entrepreneur and his favorite industries to invest in
- And more
Connect with Keith Beggs:
- Connect with Keith Beggs on LinkedIn
- Follow Steadfast Wealth Strategies on LinkedIn
- Follow Steadfast Wealth Strategies on Facebook
Connect with Anthony Tolliver:
About our Guest: Anthony Lamar Tolliver is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Creighton Bluejays.
Experienced Owner with a demonstrated history of working in the sports industry. Skilled in Entrepreneurship, Event Management, Team Building, Public Speaking, and Fundraising. Strong business development professional with a Bachelor of Science (BS) focused in Finance, General from Creighton University.