As a business owner, your company’s future depends on your actions today. And making the wrong action could end up costing your family, your employees, and your business more than you realize.
In this episode, Keith Beggs sits down with Nick Dupre, Board Certified Estate, Tax Planning Attorney and Managing Partner at Stanfield & Dupre, PLLC, to discuss the importance of trust planning, and why you need to have a plan in place should the unfortunate happen and you can no longer run your business.
Keith and Nick discuss:
- The value of trusts specifically for business owners
- How to ensure your business is synchronized and runs well without you
- The importance of setting up a plan if you should become no longer able to take care of your business
- What the process of exit strategy planning looks like for a business owner
- An attorney’s perspective of areas of pitfalls and mistakes commonly made during the asset protection, and exit strategy planning processes
- And more!
The Four Rs of a Business Owner: Recruit, Reward, Retain & Retire with John McDonough (Ep.30)
Book Time with Keith Beggs:
Connect with Keith Beggs:
- LinkedIn: Keith Beggs
- LinkedIn: Steadfast Wealth Strategies
- Facebook: Steadfast Wealth Strategies
Connect with Nick Dupre:
- LinkedIn: Nick Dupre
- Facebook: Stanfield and Dupre
- Instagram: Stanfield and Dupre
- Twitter: Stanfield and Dupre
About our Guest: Nicholas A. Dupre is a native Houstonian and worked for more than 10 years for two premier boutique firms in the Houston and Woodlands area before becoming an owner and partner in 2017. He is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate and concentrates on probate, estate and gift tax planning, business planning and taxation, asset protection, estate administration, charitable organizations, real estate transactions, tax controversies, and intellectual property transactions.
In 2004, Nick earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Trinity University. In 2007, he earned his law degree (Juris Doctorate) from the Texas A&M School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. Nick is a member of the Houston Business Estate Planning Council, the Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association, and the Woodlands Kiwanis Club.
In addition to his career as an attorney, Nick, his wife, Adryan, and their four children attend Berachah and C3 Christ Community Church of Magnolia. Nick is an accomplished pianist and regularly competes in marathons and other endurance events, recently completing his third full distance Ironman Triathlon.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download